TheExtractor is a VST plug-in that can extract audio information in real-time and convert it into MIDI messages. It is possible to control your favorite synthesizer/sampler or effect unit, as long as they accept MIDI data, by using audio input instead of a MIDI keyboard.
- 2 Pitch detection algorithms. The “Spectral” algorithm is a very stable and accurate pitch detector using Spectral analysis. The “Basic” algorithm is a much less processor intensive algorithm but less accurate.
- Note and Beat transient detectors result in an automatic generation of MIDI notes.
- Volume and Brightness parameter detection.
- Input Gate makes it possible to select more accurately the input signal in order to achieve better results.
- Modulation Matrix provides you with the choice to select which MIDI messages (Targets) you wish to generate from the 5 extracted parameters (Source).
- Graphical displays of the Input, Pitch, Spectral and Note output parameters.
TheExtractor is available to buy now at a price of:
[ 19.50 USD ]
TheExtractor offers a variety of exciting new applications.
- It is possible to use the notes detected from drum loop to control the bass on a synthesizer as well as using the brightness amount to control its cut-off filter.
- using your voice to generate pitch, volume and brightness parameters to create unique voice like sound textures.
- Using a real instruments to generate notes.
- Using the Beat Detector to generate midi notes according to the rhythm of the incoming audio.
- A VST host
- PC with Windows
Please try the demo version before you purchase.